Re: Response to jet boat at shoals below Jones Bridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyguy on July 15, 1998 at 09:35:54:

In Reply to: Response to jet boat at shoals below Jones Bridge posted by Bob on July 15, 1998 at 07:33:21:

Bob,

I here what you are saying...I have been out fishing with Hooker several times and he too has to plane out to get over some of the shoal areas. I will say the same thing to you that I told Hooker when I first read a complaint about his boat on the message board. The river is big enough for everyone to fish and there are enough fish in the river (and then some in that are because the Hatchery has not been able to stock in a few places up river) to be caught by everyone...One jet boat motoring by is not going to messup the fishing in any way shape or form. I fished Jones Bridge Sunday with Aaron Sago and we were fishing the set of shoals by Rivermount Park when Chris Scally came through with his jet boat...He..in a very polite way motored down and went through the run we were fishing because it was the only access through that area...Less then a minute after he went through I pulled a 12" Bow out of the run Chris went through, and we caught several others where Mr. Scally had went through just down river. Just goes to show you that a safe and polite jet boater has little or no effect on the fishing... I think alot of tubers and wadders just don't see this because they are to busy crying over something so petty as an other fisherman in a passing jet boat that is just trying to get to his favorite spot and has the same right of way to the river as they do.

Bob I believe you did what you had to do in a safe manner and you where as polite to the tubers as possible...You sir are welcome to motor through my run any time you wish...I sometimes wounder if some noise and thrusting water wake these fish up and getem a bitten.

Keep on fishing,

Flyguy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]