Re: Politically Incorrect? and other things

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr.T on July 17, 1998 at 16:04:32:

In Reply to: Politically Incorrect? and other things posted by Coach on July 16, 1998 at 17:47:00:

> Mr. T, I have to say that I agree with you on most of what you said. However, don't you think you may have contradicted yourself on corn? I find it hard to look down on others when I am doing the same thing. Yes, I know everyone is different. Also, the comment environmentally conservative or conservative environmentalist is one, according to a friend of mine who is active in the Sierra Club, is one who pays lip service to the environment and worships the 'almighty dollar'. I, for one am somewhat in the 'middle' on many issues. There, something to rant about(I like your self-assessment, sounds to me like you got your feet on 'terra firma')How's fishing?

Coach -- fishing's terrible because I haven't been. Hope to join Skip for a little saltwater surf fishing next week for a few hours. I think my response to Erik will clarify my position. I'm pretty sick of wild-eyed environmentalists trampling over the rights of good, decent hard-working people who are trying to eke out a living. I think the evironmental movement, which was once rooted in reasonableness and education, has become one of the greatest threats to our freedom since the British marched to Concord. I think Al Gore is an idiot and his theories on global warming are simply scare tactics to enable to government to infringe even more deeply into people's lives. I believe that overpopulation is probably the greatest reason for the problems we suffer today and that overpopulation was created by the government's open door policies. I believe there is a limit to the numbers of people this country can sustain and that limit has been reached. I see us heading toward a real brave new world and government supported environmentalism is one of the leading causes. As Rod said, I think our tax dollars should be spent buying endangered lands rather than imposing restrictions. In my opinion, the nature conservancy is about the only environmental group worth participating in any more.

And yeah, being a user of corn my self and looking down the nose at other cornpeople is kinda contradictory but it's sort of a case where I think people should do as I say not as I do. Anyone who resorts to corn is not really a very good fisherman. And there are days when I'n not really a very good fisherman. But corn can put meat on the table. As I've said before, I don't practice C&R and I eat trout.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]