Re: 70+ water temps affecting trout ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 21, 1998 at 07:53:12:

In Reply to: West Fork of the Chatooga posted by Coach on July 20, 1998 at 17:37:17:

> Went fishing with my 11 year old son. I caught 9 rainbows and lost 4 in several hours of fishing. My 11 year old was pounding the water and getting frustrated. I tried to help him of course. What burns me, however, is another fisherman came and parked himself next to the pool that my son was attempting to catch a few trout. He told my son to leave and go upstream. After I found out about it I was furious. I looked for the guy(Good thing I didn't find him!) to discuss stream etiquette.
> Oh yeah, I caught all of my bows and missed the others fishing a #16 parachute Adams. I stayed away from the pools and fished the riffle areas. Every riffle that had a streak of dark water(especially under the shady bankside trees).
> Water temp is high! I had 73 plus readings in several spots(noon to 2 pm).

I was going to enter a post this morning about high water temperatures and the affects on trout. Planning on fishing the Chatooga or Tallulaha this weekend. Sounds like the trout are still somewhat active. My question is, are these stocked 'bows you were catching? does anyone know when they stock the Chatooga - it appears they only stoch below Burrells Ford, right ? how about the Tallulah?
PS. I agree it is probably a good thing that you did not catch up with the bully (I asume your actions would be similar to mine)- there really is no place for actions like that on a stream.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]