Re: Any of you boys know how to catch carp?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Superchub on July 26, 1998 at 17:44:40:

In Reply to: Any of you boys know how to catch carp? posted by Buh Buh Ray on July 26, 1998 at 14:12:38:

All kidding aside I really think they have got to be in an eating mood..I'll be da..mned if I can figure them out though..fished occasionally back in Alabam for cats and would nail a carp occasionally.....no consistency as to what they ate..I've caught them on a crappie jig, bass lure and corn! They are kind of like hooking a bull dozer.. slow but strong as a CAT.
Good luck
> This morning I noticed a group of monster carp hanging around in a real small pond with a weak current that runs under a busy street. The water was only 1 or 2 feet deep, and these fish were 2 to 3 feet long (schools of them). I immediately went home, and called my brother to see if we could land some of these pigs. We tried chunks of bread, and night crawlers. Those sons o' bi***'s wouldn't touch either bait. Now I know why these fish get so big, they can't be easily caught. It's kind of frustrating having fish this big practicly within arm's reach, and not being able to catch one. Anybody got any tips? I think the only way I can land one is with a shotgun (kidding).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]