Re: Steelhead

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyguy on July 27, 1998 at 11:09:12:

In Reply to: Re: Steelhead posted by SPINNER on July 26, 1998 at 19:20:07:

Len,

The steelhead would put a walleye to shame in a fighting batttle, but I would eat a walleye over a steelie any day. I do have a great way to cook the steelie on the grill and it has the best taste...Works for all types of trout. Screamania is the Michigan term for a skimmania. This is a summer run steelhead, but we do not get a real big run of them. The regular steelhead that were planted in the great lakes from Washington state and Oregon are the ones that I think you are talking about.

Do they have any hatchery's there that have reproductive programs going on? We have a few in Michigan and Indiana now. We also get some nice Browns from the Lake Michigan and some of it tributaries. The Brookies in the lower part of the state are mixed between native and stocked, but as you get up tward the UP and into the UP there get to be more natives and less stocked. I have heard of some nice Brookies being caught in the UP of Michigan.

I here what you are talking about when it comes to rude. Alot of places I fish when I lived in Michigan and when I go back to visit my family and friends are the same way. On the weekends they will be lined up elbow to elbow on the shore and I am sure you know what comes next...fights...swearing...and I have even heard of a couple gun fights too. I am glad I still have buddys back there that are up on where the fish are and what they are catching them on. They also know alot of remote areas that are off limits to most people.

Fish...on,

Flyguy

s u c k e r for steelies

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: