You might be a flyfisherman if...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hound on July 27, 1998 at 16:42:52:

A few weeks ago i posted a list of reasons why someone might be a meatchucker. This brought about alot of mixed responses and some heated debate. Well I thought I should try and put a little spin on things. Hope you boys like it.

1> You spend hundreds of dollars on neoprene waders that end up getting torn and punctured thus serving no real purpose other than making you look proffesional.
2> You spend countless hours each year studying about tiny little bugs that no one else really cares about.
3> You think that 300 dollars is a reasonable price for a rod that you're gonna end up breaking in your car door.
4> You chase your dog around the house with a zip loc bag and a pair of scissors.
5> You spend countless hours each year trying to make immitations of tiny little bugs that no one else really cares about.
6> You spend hundreds of dollars on a vest with so many pockets that it is virtually impossible to find anything when you really need it.
7> You chase your cat around the house with a zip loc bag and a pair of scissors.
8> You spend hundreds of dollars on polarized sunglasses that you end up dropping in the river.
9> You spend hundreds of dollars on knotless leaders that mysteriously get knotted up while removing them from their packaging.
10> You drive hundreds of miles to a fishing destination only to realize that you left your reel at home.
11> You wish the fish hawk offered a charge card.
12> You chase your wife around the house with a ziploc bag and a pair of scissors.
13> You get pi$$ed off when you're outfished by a kid with a zebco reel on his uglystick and a can of corn.

There they are. Hope you enjoyed them.

Hound

flyfishing guru
spokesperson for america's misguided youth

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: