Keeping track of Aaron

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. T on July 29, 1998 at 09:00:35:

Spent yestidy afternoon surf fishing with Aaron on Cape San Blas here in sunny Florida. I think I have him straightened out. He'd already found a good spot but like many young men he wanted to work too hard and he really wasn't properly equipped. He didn't have a chair! Nor, did he have an umbrella. And he wanted to stand in the surf constantly working his bait like you do when you flyfish.

After a few beers, however, he relaxed, sat upon his cooler under the umbrella while we drank mash and talked trash.

In short order, I got the first strike but missed the fish. Then, a bit later, he got a good solid strike and landed a two-pound catfish. Nasty and inedible, but it was a catch. Toward the end of the three hours, I got a solid strike and landed a 1 1/2 pound redfish -- too small to keep because of 16-inch minimum but a catch nevertheless.

It was a good day. And, Hooker, he was wondering how you got home.

When I left him he had ambitious plans to go flyfishing with his new super duper salt water rig but still hadn't quite figured it out.

It's always good to put a face with a name and I can assure you that our webmaster is a great guy.

Mr. T

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]