Rods and guns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. T on July 29, 1998 at 09:15:51:

Back sometime ago we got into a hot discussion about guns in the woods and gun control, etc.

Someone responded to one of my notes that he wasn't into guns and didn't really care what happened on the gun control issue.

I pleaded for his support, pointing out that I would defend his right to fish when PETA tried to make him register his rod and restrict his right to fish. And, I hoped that he would do the same for me in helping support my right to bear arms.

Now comes this note. It seems that PETA is going to make a strong effort to eliminate fishing in the national parks.

For those who don't know about PETA, it's a radical animal rights group that opposes the use of animals for recreation, experimentation and as a source of food or clothing.

In recent months PETA reps have showed up at elementary schools dressed like a friendly fish and attempting to get access to the kids in order to convince them that "Fish have feelings, too" and that they should convince there dads to give up fishing.

Take heed, gang . . .the gun control movement got its start with the same kind of seemingly innocent shenigans.

Mr. T

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]