Re: Rods and guns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Buh BUh Ray on July 30, 1998 at 06:33:42:

In Reply to: Re: Rods and guns posted by Gman on July 30, 1998 at 03:45:47:

> Based on my personal experience where I fish, the chances of running up on snakes is about 10000 times more likely than running up on a drug induced intruder. There are certainly alternatives to carrying $600 worth of heat based on this unlikely scenario. One can let one's imagination cause all sorts of paranoid fantasies. I mean, what if the drug induced intruder is carrying an AK-47, you're still in deep trouble. What if it's a drug induced elephant escaped from a nearby traveling circus??? Go with the .500 Nitro? You can, of course, carry the firearm of your choice. However, I've carried a firearm daily for the last 24 years of my life as part of my profession, and my choice is a .38. I have no intention of luggins around 3 pounds of pistol while I'm fishing.

Gman- you're missing my point. I'm talking about after you're done fishing for the day and you've gone home to bed. If you only want/can afford one gun, buy one that will do both jobs (a.38 will...with the proper ammo). BTW the H&K .40 is a...compact...polymer frame...gun. It doesn't come even remotely close to 3lbs in weight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]