Re: Coming Soon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyguy on July 30, 1998 at 21:04:55:

In Reply to: Coming Soon posted by Rotten on July 30, 1998 at 09:34:04:

Rotten,

Gman gave you some good advice that will help you out quit a bit. There are some north Ga streams that are open all year round. The upper Hooch is open threw the town of Helen up stream to Alt 75 bridge. The Chatooga is open all year round and September should be a good month for fishing up there. The Hooch is open all year round and I can give you some great inside info on the hooch if you e-mail me. The fishing guide you get when you buy your trout stamp should list all the streams and their open and closed seasons. Also you can get a nice detailed map of all the north Ga trout streams from the DNR office's (Buford) here in GA.

The #10 & #12 black and olive bead head wolly bugger is a good all around fly here in N. GA and you can use a dropper rig with a hairs ear nymph, prince nymph, pheasent tail, ect and this will work good as well. The adams, caddis, and stimulator are some of the better dry's for the area.

You can visit the Fish Hawk in Buckhead and Unicoi Outfitters in Helen...They will be able to set you up with the equipment that you need and keep you with in your budget.

As far as equipment goes I really can't make a suggestion because I am not sure what type of streams you will be fishing. Ther best thing to do is let the sales guy at the fly shop know were you are going to fish and he will show you a selection of different rods...Cast them till you find the right one.

GOOD LUCK

Tight Lines,

Flyguy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: