Meat Chunking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Trout-Spanker on July 31, 1998 at 23:26:22:

Well, I finally had to speak my mind. It gets extremely boring sifting through all the elitist drivel bashing bait fishermen. I thought that fishing was meant to be fun....relaxing.....exhiliarating. What better way to spend time in God's country. soaking up the sights, sounds and smells of the world around us.
To me, I think that you fly-fishermen are more concerned with posing, than with actually enjoying you're time in the woods and in the water. Who the hell cares what is used to catch the fish, as long as it is within the rules/regulations; and that some honest, good, clean fun is had?
Spending the time that I have been lucky enough to enjoy this year on the various streams in N. Ga. this season so far has been quite rewarding. To say the least, I have gained a lot of new insight and knowledge in this time as to catching, finding, and luring these fantastic, colorful creatures.
Myself? I am a"meat-chunker", "corn-dunker", "master-baiter", "bait-chunker",.......whatever you carefully dressed, gay-fully coiffed, nose-in-the-air posers want to term it. I'm out there to enjoy myself and explore what I am lucky enough to do in this free country of ours.
I am elated to know that while you are sitting around your camp having just been "skunked" once again, reading your prose of beautiful days on the water of journies and bountiful harvests you have yet to attain, I have just passed you on my way back to camp to actually open my creel to clean, cook, take pictures and eat my catch.
I'd trade nothing for the fun, excitement, stories and bond that I've been able to forge with friends, family and the woods while "chunking meat".
To you I "get a life"! I'd rather spend my time actually enjoying myself than wondering why I'm going home empty-handed once again.
To all you "meat-chunking, bait-casting, trout-spanking, corn-dunking, worm-wiggling, cricket-tossing, full-creel" fishermen.....I exhort you to carry on...have fun....and ENJOY!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]