Re: Thats me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gman on August 01, 1998 at 21:58:50:

In Reply to: Re: Thats me posted by Flyguy on August 01, 1998 at 21:30:05:

I've owned three Orvis rods, and they've been 'good' rods. They're maybe not the best buy for the money, but they're certainly good rods, IMO. There's a lot of Orvis trashing on the VFS board, and I'm not sure I know why.

I've also had extremely good service from them on the one occasion I had to call. They cheerfully refunded my $$$ and a $10 gift certificate (as if you can buy anything Orvis has for $10!) What they do best is Market, and I sort of admire them for that. I think their catalog is the best there is, and most everything of theirs I've ever owned is 'good.' Except for the breathable waders, which I returned.

What I really like about Orvis is that they sort of originated the 25-lifetime guarantee, and now almost every rod company has followed. I broke my Sage LL 4711 recently and returned it to Sage; no questions asked, they fixed it, didn't charge me a dime. Now that's service, and, oddly enough, we owe it to Orvis.

I use my other rods more than the Orvis; I gave my daughter one, and the other is a non-fished bamboo. But I like them, have caught numerous fish with mine (Far & Fine), and have no complaints. I haven't been to the flyshop you mentioned; bought my Sage from Unicoi. (Great Rod!!!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]