Re: OK buddy, just don't use corn....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by trout spanker on August 02, 1998 at 13:41:05:

In Reply to: OK buddy, just don't use corn.... posted by Big Duke 6 on August 02, 1998 at 13:10:15:

> Nightcrawlers are fine, at least that way, the fish get a meal when and if you decide to release them. Corn is perhaps the worst bait to use on trout, as they cannot digest it properly and it kills them if eaten.

> I do hope you're eating stock fish instead of native brook trout and wild trout from places like the Chattooga and Jacks Rivers...don't get me wrong, I'll eat the occasional trout, but leave the wild fish alone.

> Big Duke 6
> out

Whew!.....you guys are vicious. Yes, I do know my place in nature and try to preserve it. I would like for those after me to be able to enjoy the freedoms and fun that I have while fishing, camping, etc. Most of the streams I am able to get to after my work and school is done for the week are usually stocked streams. I have had the most 'righteous' times on the water at a few of the more remote, wild places earlier this season.
I have hopes and plans of tackling at least one more in the next couple of days while on a short vacation.
Rest assured Big Duke that the preservation of our 'species' is taken to heart and mind. Plus, I make sure to leave a few for you fly-guys for which to practice.
Worm wigglers on!!
Trout-spanker
See ya'll at the stream.......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: