I Went !!!!
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Rotten on August 04, 1998 at 14:48:00:
After casting in my yard for a few weeks, I finally found the time to get out on a local pond....
The first pond, a city pond in Norflok VA, I took a trail in, I missed the sign "no fishing from bank" oops
The second pond, wind in my face.
This is what I think I learned:
* Look harder for signs
* I can tie a fly knot the trees kept trying to steal my flies.
* If you cast a dry fly correctly (no matter how wet it is) it should float
* I need more practice
* Casting Nymphs and large dry flies is much different than my dry caddis.
* Starting at noon is not really a great idea
* My reel free wheels easily, I think it's a bad one
I really wasn't trying to catch anything, I just wanted to get out there and do it. I had a blast, and will go back.
Post a Followup