Re: Fly Fishing for monster trout in North Georgia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gman on August 09, 1998 at 14:54:40:

In Reply to: Fly Fishing for monster trout in North Georgia posted by Rock'n Roll Caster on August 09, 1998 at 09:14:10:

If you're interested in paying a lot of money to catch pet trout, the Soque (pronounced "Suh-quee'" river offers the best chance for big fish. However, there are more rules to catching those fish than in Soccer. And it's expensive. There ought to be a listing somewhere on the net; "Brigadoon" is one that comes to mind, but I personally woudn't fish there. Any flyshop will put you with a guide. Unicoi Outfitters, unitl recently the sponsor of this b.b, has a guide service along two miles or so of the Chatahoochee near Helen. Great flyshop, too.

The 'Hooch, maligned by some, is the best bet. Stockers, but hey, that's all right too. Coleman River has wild trout ("River" is about as wide as a sidewalk, so don't expect a mighty torrent) and it's very pretty up there, runs in to the Talullah, which is beautiful, but like everywhere else, overfished.

I'd go with the tailwater below Buford Dam, Jones Bridge, and Island Ford, which I've never been to, but has lots of good reports.

Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]