Re: Dukes Creek Nightmare - A True Story About Bad Ettiquette

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Russell on August 11, 1998 at 11:56:21:

In Reply to: Dukes Creek Nightmare - A True Story About Bad Ettiquette posted by TC on August 10, 1998 at 07:54:43:

All,

This whole thread brings up an interesting question. The other day, Sunday to be exact, I was fishing the Settles Bridge access point of the Hootch. Now I know that this area is a popular attraction to the lawn chair brethren, and the number of float tubes that go through the runs there, passing through on any given day is pretty high, not to mention the canoes, rafts, johnboats, freighters etc., So typically, I'm prepared to give gratious way to those who are in less control of their craft than I am of my wading boots. On this day, however, I was appalled when, stalking a known feeding lane of a particularily wiley brown trout, I looked upstream to make my third cast through the hole when a float tube fisherman floated right through the middle of this obvious holding water. Putting his feet up like a wounded duck, he smiled at me and said something along the lines of, "how's it goin?", then proceded on through the entire run, passing not more than 3 feet from where I was standing.

Now, the question is, is this rude? Is is difficult to control where you end up floating? How close is too close? Am I being ridiculous. I started to say something, then thought better of it, never having tubed before, but needless to say, I simply turned around and started fishing another spot, hoping to come back later.

Russell

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]