Re: Picking a fly fishing rig..???FLIES???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Spinner on August 12, 1998 at 16:19:03:

In Reply to: Re: Picking a fly fishing rig..???FLIES??? posted by Gman on August 12, 1998 at 04:02:37:

> Ok, I'd try a size 8 or 10 gold bead Wolly bugger, either in black or olive. GRHE (Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear) is also a good choice. Dry flies, Adams 12-20, and a Caddis pattern in maybe 12-18.

> Dry flies depend on what's hatching, so it's hard to get much closer that that general reccomendation. Ask at a flyshop close by and they'll help.

> Also, I forgot to mention that rod action is important to buying a rod. Lots of folks like a "slow" rod, which means the rod bends down farther toward the handle, lots like a fast action, which means it bends toward the tip. Orvis likes to teach their schools with slow action rods, or so they say, because many find them easier to cast. I don't, I like a fast tip rod, but you should try out several rods before buying, if possible. At any rate, you can learn to cast any rod, I think.

> FINALLY, when you're typing these posts, don't hit the "Return" at each line. Just keep typing, and it will break your post into lines, just like this one is. Only use "Return" for paragraph spacing.
Hello!
Thanks for all the valuable info.I have printed any and all tips I have gotten from anyone.I am always in the mood for more...I am as novice as they come when it comes to fly fishing. The season up here ends in 30 September..The weather has really been warm here lately..It will take a week or so to get my fly fishing rig..I am going to get the plueger supreme out of the hook and hackle catalog. Spinner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]