Re: The Hooch after rain

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by FlygURL on August 15, 1998 at 17:01:16:

In Reply to: Re: The Hooch after rain posted by Flyguy on August 14, 1998 at 09:01:06:

> Kevin,

> The dam is always a good place to fish right after it rains. The water stays clean because it is so close to the dam and it washes out any run off in a short period of time if any. There is a small creek just down past the parking area the will stain up the boat ramp side olong the bank but the bank on should be clear enough to fish with no problems. I have fish up there after and in down pours and the water remained clear. Beware of the fact that everybody eles will be thinking the same way and it can get very crowded at times. You might want to call Unicoi Outfitters and see what the conditions up in the N. GA area are like. The streams up there tend to filter much quicker than the Hooch. The rest of the Hooch will be out of the question untill the rain lets up and they generate. The feeder creeks that empty into the Hooch will have to clear up too...alot of siltation from all the developers cause a great deal of the stained water on the Hooch.

> Good Luck,

>
> Flyguy

The dam was good today (Saturday). It was my
first time to float tube and my first time to
fish right below the dam. Had a great time.

There were more fishermen there than I expected,
but it certainly was not unbearable.

FlygURL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: