Old timers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Spinner on August 15, 1998 at 21:47:32:

Hi!
I don't know about you guys....but when an old timer starts speaking about trout fishing and the trout he has caught and what he has caught it on...I LISTEN.... I listen for where he caught it and what he caught it on. Tonight I was talking smart about the fish that I caught opening weekend and the one that I was chasing....At my hometown bar..One of the old timers toned in and told me a story about the huge male brown trout that he had caught two years ago on BUCK creek in crawford county...The creek is about two feet wide in most places in at the best hole it is 4 feet deep and it empties into the Misissippi river. The entire length of the creek from start to end is 1.5 miles, I was skeptical at best....Then when he told me that he tape the trout and it was 25 and 3/8 inches long...and that was two years ago...I thought...If anyone had caught this monster, I would have heard about it...The guy told me that he caught it on a CHUB TAIL and a size 5 hook....The fish had such a hook jaw that he thought it must have been deformed because he had never seen such a male brown....He released it....I do not have my fly fishing rig yet that I ordered from Hook and Hackle...I am going there on Sunday evening and recon the place with my spinning rig.......Wish me luck!!!Spinner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]