Oh yeah, what about dressings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Denver York on August 18, 1998 at 10:28:03:

In Reply to: Which Fly Lines? posted by Denver York on August 17, 1998 at 14:32:58:

I use a cleaner from Cabela's. I have to be sure to wipe all this off because it leaves a nasty residue that doesn't seem to aid in flotation. All it does is pick up dirt and collect on my guides.

I then use the stuff Cortland makes in the patches to aid in floatation. That seems to work well.

Does anyone have anything they use that they would reccomend?

Thanks again ... and again, and again, and again ...

Denver

> Hello All,

> I have a question about fly lines. I have used a Cortland 333HT for about a year and have since went back to the cheapo white stuff that came with my outfit ( from Cabela's ). The biggest problem with the 333HT is that it has developed significant areas with kinks, and other un-uniformities in it. Also, it is too stiff ( in my opinion ). The cheap line is limper and seems to shoot farther because of this. I have only been fly fishing two years and thought I'd ask for some advice.

> Basically, what kinds of lines do you reccomend? I want one that will last some time ( 2+ years ) before it gets kinked up, etc. Also, I want one that will cast well. From my experience, I seem to have better luck shooting line with one that is limper. However, all the advertisements seem to be proud of the stiffness of their lines. BTW, brand-name isn't important to me, as long as it is a good line.

> Has anyone ever used the Prestige line from Cabela's?

> Thanks,
> Denver

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]