Old Timer Secret place

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Spinner on August 25, 1998 at 21:25:45:

Hi!!
You were right..Old timers are not always the source for good fishing tips..The last three days I have been walking up and down Buck creek..There is not a hole that could sustain a trout in its entire length..Maybe the holes have silted in since he fished last...The next time I see him I will ask him about "Buck Creek".
I sent back my fly rig from hook and hackle..It seemed too long and I couldn't see spending 114 bucks on something I couldn't even get to go in the direction I wanted it to go...I told my friend that has been preaching about flyfishing for years...He thought that the 8 1/2 foot rod was too long for around here....He felt sorry for me...He just bought a new set-up...He gave me his old one...Size 6..7 1/2 foot long Fenwick with a Martin reel..He told me that it was 8 years old and that it had some good years left in it...What was even better.. He took me out to his favorite stream..The West Branch of the Kickapoo River and gave me a lesson..He gave me a dozen flies and I even caught two little brownies on a fly he said was a cricket look-alike..Free is better and a lesson was dearly needed..We will see if I become a flyfisherman...Spinning is just so much easier..
***SPINNER***

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]