Re: Another Expense...or...saving money

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. T on August 28, 1998 at 12:33:50:

In Reply to: Another Expense...or...saving money posted by Rod on August 28, 1998 at 06:32:34:

> Well, I've gone and done it. Broke down and started tying. Tied a few on Wed. evening and caught fish with the same yesterday afternoon. What a freakin', gratifying feeling.
> Where's the best place(s)to pick up tying supplies?
> I got one of cheap kit jobs as a gift and it seems adequate to my untrained eye--I picked up some materials at bps and the prices were to my liking but I don't know if the quality is there. Any thoughts?

> Rod
> Yet another addict

Rod -- It's one thing to tie flies and it's another thing altogether to tie flies and catch fish on them. But, the greatest feeling of accomplishment comes from inventing a fly and catching fish on it. You're hooked and you'll probably wind up saving money in the long run. That is if you don't give them away to friends, church bazaars, family birthdays, etc. I suggest you order Cabela's fly fishing and fly tying catalogues (two separate books). They're free and include a wide, wide range of materials, tools and accessories at very reasonable prices. Also, don't forget about Unicoi Outfitters, our former sponsor north of Helen. They had a reaonable selection of materials at reasonable prices. Welcome to the club!!!

Mr. T

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]