A primer on trouting in Georgia?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Seth Isenberg on August 31, 1998 at 06:52:04:

Hello everyone,
I'm writing to introduce myself and ask a few questions.
Yesterday, Mark Ellis (an NGTO participant) was kind enough to basically
guide me on the 'hooch. I caught my first trout in Georgia yesterday. I was especially grateful to
land an 11" brown that was a real beauty. Since my 28th birthday was on 8/29 (Sat.), it was an incredible b-day
present. My wife and I recently moved to Athens, GA.
In order to get acquainted with the trouting opportunities here, I picked up Jimmy Jacobs' Trout Fishing in North Georgia. I think it is an
excellent resource. I'm writing to ask if anyone has fished the Savannah River recently, and if you might have some advice for me. I am an enthusiastic, but
intermediate flycaster at this time. Also, I'd love to here from anyone who fishes Nancytown Lake or the Middle Fork of the Broad River
in the the Lake Russell WMA. Both of these areas are relatively close to my home and they could provide a good alternative to the awesome 'hooch (providing
they have trout that can be fished with a fly). Last, I have tried contacting Trout Unlimited by e-mail. Could someone send me the dates, times and locations for TU meetings
in this area. Thanks so much for your help in advance.
If anyone wants to contact me by phone, please call me at (706) 227-8326.
Sincerely,
Seth Isenberg

seth.b.isenberg@mci2000.com

P.S. - Could the list administrator please change my e-mail (for the mass mailings) from my JUNO account to seth.b.isenberg@mci2000.com. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]