Re: Sat. fishing and flyrods

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by NetBoy on September 01, 1998 at 09:00:18:

In Reply to: Sat. fishing and flyrods posted by Superchub on September 01, 1998 at 07:52:08:

> My daughter will be at Jones Bridge this Satuday for a mini float....we'll work from the upper shoals to below the island ....probably have to leave by noon...company is welcome.....Flygurl, my daughter was hoping you and your compadres could make it... she was hoping you were going to be at the flytying fling so she could meet some female flyfisher people:)...anyway we'll be at the lower lot on the fulton co. side. Weather could go either way...if the huricane stays put we are in for a great weekend...if it moves then RAIN.
> NEXT: Ok all you old pros...I am bout ready to make the move on a flyrod...looking at a St. Croiux 7' 4wt. $125.00 or 6.5' 3-4wt 3piece Diamondback $179.00 or an orvis 6.5 3-4wt $170.00ish. Fishhawk has an orvis rod sale going on...pretty good price drop. I am leaning towards the diamondback. the orvis feels to flexible, the St. croiux a little stiffer but the DB (as Goldilocks says) is just right. I haven't thrown one yet ...just been down at the FH driving them crazy drooling on the rods and asking the same stupid questions (they are very patient and tolerant..good people). INPUT PLEASE!!
> Thanks,
> SC

Last small rod I got was a Scott Alpha 7'6" 4wt $195. I now leave my 9'5wt Diamondback All American at home even for the Hootch (still a nice rod for the money).
I spent a lot of time reading reviews and one rod to consider is the St. Croix (Legend?)7'6" 3wt. I think it is around $200. Really nice looking rod, quality parts. This will be the first rod I look at when I replace my 9' DB.
The biggest decision maker for me was taking three rods and casting them at the same time. I discovered I need a fast action rod.

NetBoy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]