Re: Sat. fishing and flyrods

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyguy on September 01, 1998 at 14:31:18:

In Reply to: Sat. fishing and flyrods posted by Superchub on September 01, 1998 at 07:52:08:

Super C...

DOWN WITH ORVIS...DOWN WITH ORVIS...Need I say more about that line of rods? DB is a great rod...although I do not own one I have had a couple of chances to fish with one and they are well worth the money. Dont know much about St. Croiux, but have heard they are a good deal. As Net Boy said take a look at the Scott and also my choice...the Thomas & Thomas...awsome rod!!! Make sure4 you visit the Fish Hawk..those guys will hook you up the right way. You might want to mention you are an NGTO regular as they know all about it.

One question: If your fishing is on the Hooch most of the time...why are you going with a rod geared for smaller streams? Try some 8' 8 1/2' and 9' rods while you are down there and see how the preform compared to the 6.5 and 7 footers. They have better control and are more accuate along with more distance.

By the way are you going to get a reel this trip too? Fishing Fling is not to far away...will send details on it as soon as they are worked out.

Flyguy

Anti-Orvis customer
T & T caster (THOMAS& THOMAS)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: