Re: Montana Fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeffg on September 01, 1998 at 15:23:40:

In Reply to: Montana Fishing posted by Bill Findlay on August 31, 1998 at 16:06:07:

Bighorn...I take it your floating..You will love the experience of fishing out of
a Mac boat. It is fun. There are plenty of books on the Bighorn. When I am out in MT
I usually fish the southwestern corner, so I do not have hands on experience on the Big Horn.

I do know that the weather is anyone guess at that time of the day. For example,
it was 96 yesterday when i talked to my friend in Bozeman, yet it was 42 degrees that night.
I have been snowed on every month I have been out there including July. So be prepared. I would
def pack a wool hat, and a rain Jacket. Plus you are going to be more out in the plains of the
eastern part of the state. The winds can be viscious.

As for flies. That part of the year, you may run across some spwaners and need the big
chuck and duck flies like Buggers and Spruce Flies. However, the Big Horn is also a tail
release. So i would pack some Blue Winged Olives, scuds, freshwater
shrimp,etc..... I would check into some online resources, or a guide or two who works
that area to really get the low-down on what is hatching that time of the year.

The Battlefied of the Little Big Horn aint that far away either. Neither or the Badlands...
both are very interesting places to visit while your their.

Hope helps somewhat......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]