Help is On the Way

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Loren on September 03, 1998 at 17:15:04:

I've been into fly fishing now for about 3 or 4 months and seem to be doing quiet well. It's a great sport, however, about once or twice a trip, I'm interrupted by little critters biting the end of my line. It really destroys my rhythm (know what I mean?). Well, from reading the mail here, it seems I'm doing a lot better than most of you. You gals and guys seem to be interrupted a good deal more often than me. I must be gifted.

So, I thought I'd offer what help I could by describing my habits. I usually fish Island Ford with weighted nymphs (gold ribbed hare's ear (GRHE), pheasant tail, bead head GRHE), wooly buggers (black, olive, some with flashabou). I twitch the wooly's and float the nymphs at current speed by mending. I fish current edges and any area where current is interrupted. I usually fish a spot for 15 minutes or longer before wading on.

Hope this helps! Oh, listen, I could be mistaken about all this, so feel free to give me your opinions, advice, etc. Maybe fishing with some of you folk would help you. Can't ever tell.

Loren

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]