Re: Jet Drive Outboard Motors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moye on September 06, 1998 at 09:13:12:

In Reply to: Re: Jet Drive Outboard Motors posted by Hooker on September 04, 1998 at 15:24:46:

Hey, thanks Hooker. Here's my situation and concern. I have a Bass Tracker Panfish 16 with at 25hp Johnson. I fish mostly on Lake Juliette which has a 25hp limit. The lake has lots of stumps in the north end and many shallow sand bars on the south end. I am not satisfied with the Johnson motor I have so I am thinking of trading it in for a Yamaha. I had a Yamaha on my last boat and loved it. I have seen several boats with Yamaha jet drives but never used one. The only other person I know with one is the local game warden. He says you lose some horsepower with the jet. I guess what I want to know is do you lose any hp and is it worth it for the benefits of the jet drive. By the way what would be the benefits of the jet drive other than saving money on props.

If you think of anything else I should consider about jet vs prop. I would appreciate it. THANKS!> Ask away. I've been using a jet drive for about two years. I'm no expert, but I'll tell you all the mistakes I made with it.

> Hooker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]