Re: Advice on Nymph Fishing??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hound on September 15, 1998 at 22:16:34:

In Reply to: Advice on Nymph Fishing?? posted by Ken Smith on September 15, 1998 at 17:26:04:

Ken,

Everyone has there own nymph fishing technique. I reccomend taking a few styles and blending them together. Myself, I prefer to fish nymphs with split shot and no strike indicator. I let my rod become my indicator. When my line slows down or dips under quickly, chances are there is a fish on the line. This method is very productive but takes time to learn to feel the fish with your rod. I don't normally have to cast very far, and most times it is more like a flip with that split shot on. However, I have hade luck with nymphs on the Hooch and have made some long casts with this setup. Another important factor is which nymph you have tied on. Some nymphs work when others don't, just like dries. The most important advice is not to give up. Nymphs work. I've used them on both big and small waters with lots of success. Keep trying until you get it and find your own style. You'll be happy when it finaly hits you. Hope this helps.

Hound
E-mail me with any questions

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]