Re: skunked at Burrells Ford

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Davenport on September 16, 1998 at 15:39:54:

In Reply to: Re: skunked at Burrells Ford posted by Dr. Strangetrout on September 16, 1998 at 04:29:57:

> >I spent most of the weekend up there at a FF@ clave (great bunch of folks there) and we all had pretty much the same success-nada. The fishing was great, just the catching was off a bit. Low and warm water were the major factors. A couple of guys saw some fish cruising in a large pool (don't know if they were caught as I left that night).

James and Rob.

I was one of the few that caught trout on the Chattooga last weekend - both above and below Burrell's. In 3 fayd fishing I managed to bring 9 to hand and missed quite a few others. The fish lying in the pools weren't interested in anything - believe me - we tried. We did manage to find fish in the white, chopy, foamy water below pools and in chutes. I was using small stimulators (#14) and Hemingway Caddis (also #14). Irt was pretty much finding something that would float like a cork and could be seen. Since the water was fast and choppy where the fish seemed happened to be hanging fly size and color didn't really seem to be an issue.

Steve D.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]