Re: CAVE SPRINGS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Edwards on July 25, 1997 at 13:38:53:

In Reply to: CAVE SPRINGS posted by Ron on July 12, 1997 at 22:23:18:

> Will be in Cave Springs for a family reunion in a couple of weeks and would like to know about public access to stocked waters nearby (obviuosly the Spring area and it's large rainbows are off limits). I commonly fish the western areas of the North Georgia mountains, but have heard that some of the Cave Springs area waters are stocked. Any hope or should I drive north two hours?

If you go into downtown Cave Springs. Park by the fire department. (The fire dept also sells worms.) You can fish from the fire station side of the creek downstream for a ways. Upstream from the firehouse is handicap and children only from what the locals tell me. You'll be fishing in the backyard of some folks but we didn't have any troubles. We caught a few big ones 14-16" downstream from the firehouse. There are some perch and red eyed bass mixed in with the trout. I used the worms from the firehouse and caught 3-4 keepers. So did Dad. I'm told they stock from the bridge in front of the firehouse. But I'm also told that the locals know when they are going to stock and it is elbow to elbow fishing poles during the stocking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]