Re: Vogel State Park

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J. Webb on July 28, 1997 at 00:06:10:

In Reply to: Re: Vogel State Park posted by Mike Edwards on July 25, 1997 at 13:27:03:

> > I am taking the family camping at Vogel in a few weeks
> > and was hoping someone could give me some suggestions on
> > streams in the area. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

>
> If you head towards Dahlonaga. There is Dicks Creek and the trophy stream Waters Creek. Dick's creek would be good for the whole family. It is usually well stocked and has some easy access. The road follows the creek for the most part. Plus there are some small to medium pools that the family can "play" in.

There are some additional streams closer to Vogel. In fact, they used to stock the stream that
flows into Lake Trahylta(sp), Smith Ck. maybe. The road just past Vogel takes you to another
park but I forget the name of the small lake there. It is also stocked with trout. I have never
fished it. You will pass Boggs Ck. on the way up to Vogel as well. This is just past a camp ground
and convenience store/resturant.

Dick's would be a good site to try but it is only relatively close to Vogel. Of course, if the
family were to 'play' in those deep holes, you won't have much luck fishing them. Sadly, I have
had this happen.

Water's Ck. is a 'trophy' stream only in name these days. I suppose there are not enough trout
fisherman to conserve the resource. Yoy would need a WMA stamp, available where licenses are sold
for about $18.

Regards,

Joe Webb
Exec. Dir., Boys & Girls Clubs of Gainesville

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: