Re: put ins and outs between damn dam and medlock bridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J B YUILLE on August 19, 1997 at 19:39:45:

In Reply to: put ins and outs between damn dam and medlock bridge posted by Rod on August 15, 1997 at 09:03:01:

TO GET TO SETTLES BRIDGE FROM LAWRENCEVILLE, TAKE HWY 317 WHICH TURNS INTO SUWANEE - BUFORD DAM RD ONCE IT CROSSES PEACHTREE INDUSTRIAL.
TURN LEFT ONTO JOHNSON RD.
AT THE NEXT STOP SIGN, TURN RT. ONTO THE DIRT RD THAT WILL DEAD END AT THE OLD SETTLES BRIDGE.
THE BEST FISHING IS IN THE DEEP POOLS NEXT TO THE FAR BANK ABOVE THE BRIDGE.
A BLACK WOOLY BUGGER ON "THE SWING" WILL PRODUCE PLENTY OF TROUT.

> I've become accustomed to fishing on monday mornings and early after noons and have the river pretty much to my self at Island Ford. In the next few weeks I'll be moving to Lawrenceville and am interested in hot spots from the dam to medlock bridge. I've heard of settle's bridge and could swear I've seen a sign for it.
> I'm interested in tactics and flies.
> Thanks
> I hesitate to mention this but at the damn (damnable because the water is freezing and causes frequent urination breaks) last sat. afternoon, in a light to med. rain, I took around 20 browns--from 10-15 or 16' on #8 muddler minnows. I hesitate because those purists out there would say that even though I was out catching and releasing the bait fishermen, I might has well have been using bait myself if I were going to resort to a streamer.
> Yeah but it was fun to disappoint those bait and spin fishermen as I pulled nice browns out regularly, only to gently back out my debarbed hook and set these mildly frightened fish free to swim upsteam into the invisible depths.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]