Re: fly-fishing technique

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Skip Robinson on August 29, 1997 at 14:26:33:

In Reply to: fly-fishing technique posted by Charlie Shiflet on August 28, 1997 at 21:16:16:

> I have recently started trying to fly fish and I can tell that I need a little help. I am intrested in finding out if their might be a fly fishing event or seminar available to help people learn more about the sport. I have been fishing with spiners, corn, powerbait, and other bait, but I am looking for more of a challenge from trout fishing. If anyone has a good sugestion I would be very intrested in knowing about it.

I have a few suggestions which may help you.the first is to find your local Federation of Fly Fishers(FFF) OR Trout Unlimited
(TU) chapter. They should have some resources that will help you.
I also highly recommend a trip to your local library. If you look for some of the newer books on technique you may find some good stuff.
One of the all time great flyfishing books is called"Trout on the Fly" by Lee Wulff
who is one of the grandfathers of this sport.I have also seen good books at local bookstores. You have already found the internet which is a 3rd resource.
Good luck and tight lines !

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]