Re: put ins and outs between damn dam and medlock bridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Skip Robinson on August 29, 1997 at 14:33:12:

In Reply to: put ins and outs between damn dam and medlock bridge posted by Rod on August 15, 1997 at 09:03:01:

> I've become accustomed to fishing on monday mornings and early after noons and have the river pretty much to my self at Island Ford. In the next few weeks I'll be moving to Lawrenceville and am interested in hot spots from the dam to medlock bridge. I've heard of settle's bridge and could swear I've seen a sign for it.
> I'm interested in tactics and flies.
> Thanks
> I hesitate to mention this but at the damn (damnable because the water is freezing and causes frequent urination breaks) last sat. afternoon, in a light to med. rain, I took around 20 browns--from 10-15 or 16' on #8 muddler minnows. I hesitate because those purists out there would say that even though I was out catching and releasing the bait fishermen, I might has well have been using bait myself if I were going to resort to a streamer.
> Yeah but it was fun to disappoint those bait and spin fishermen as I pulled nice browns out regularly, only to gently back out my debarbed hook and set these mildly frightened fish free to swim upsteam into the invisible depths.

in the immortal words of Yosemite Sam:
"AH Hate Purists!"
Seriously if you get any flack because you werent using dry's ask that person
if TROUT ONLY EAT on the SURFACE ? That may help . I have been lucky to catch a 16"
brown on a dry fly but ihae caught most of my big fish on streamers. Do purists frown on nymphs too?
that's their loss! If you have fun and catch fish and Release them , then you have figured out what flyfishing is all about .
keep it up and damn the purists!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]