Re: Need help near Helen Ga. for November

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Len Taliaferro on September 02, 1997 at 15:10:34:

In Reply to: Need help near Helen Ga. for November posted by Skip Robinson on August 29, 1997 at 14:40:45:

> My family is staying in Helen over thanksgiving and I want to do some fishing while there.
> If anybody can tell me (a) wher to buy an out of state license
> and (b) A decent place to fish. I would be really grateful
> I am in the process of teaching my wife to fish so hatchery water is fine and dandy for us.
> thanks in advance and good luck to everybody.
> Skip

Skip -- If you're staying at Helen, you've got the Chattahootchie River flowing right through town, though fishing
is better upstream. Smith's Creek is just north of town at Anna Ruby Falls and Downstream from there. Duke's Creek is
nearby and Wildcat Creek, the Tallulah and Coleman Rivers are not that far away. Be sure to check out Unicoi Outfitters
just north of Helen (go straight instead of turning toward the state park). It's about a half mile up the road on the
left. They can tell you what the trout are hitting and where they are hitting. They have a great supply of fishing equipment,
flies, etc. Also, they sometimes have licenses, but every time I've tried, they been out. They always send me up to the state
park. That late in the year you may have to do some searching because the season ends November 30 and a lot of dealers don't
restock when they run out.

Check other sections of the NGTO website for complete information on streams and fishing regulations. A Seven-day
non-resident license is $7.00 and a trout stamp good for a year is $13.00. Georgia has expanded their year-round streams
do if you're gonna be in Helen after Nov. 30, you'll need to know what streams are open. That's available on the NGTO
website, also. Have fun!

Len

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]