Re: Opinion's Sought:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary on September 04, 1997 at 07:21:16:

In Reply to: Opinion's Sought: posted by Skip Robinson on September 03, 1997 at 10:48:17:

> I really have enjoyed reading WHY we all fish,thanks to Hooker.
> I am curious as to this:
> How do you guys feel when you see someone else posting directions and/or
> hints about your favorite stream or fishing hole on a popular billboard.?
> This has happened a couple of times to me. I was wondering how my fellow
> anglers feel about it

In 1969, a college chum's dad took us to Bull Sluice Lake behind Morgan Falls Dam, where he assured me we would catch some of the largest bluegill I had ever seen. We went straight to his favorite creek mouth and never moved before we caught a stringer full of beauties that I still have a Poloroid picture of. I've been back occasionally over the years- and as we all know, "if they're bitin' you'll catch 'em and if they're not, you wont". Sometimes I caught 'em and sometimes I didn't. Nevertheless, I've shared the location with others and I sure my friend has shared it with his friends and his dad has shared it with his friends and they have shared it with their friends, and sons, and wives.

Twenty four years later, my wife and I pulled our boat up under the overhanging trees during a soft rain in the exact same place where I had first fished in 1969. The bluegill were still there, they were biting - and we caught 'em. I wondered how many other people considered this as their own little secret honey hole, thinking it needed to be preserved.

Oswald Chambers said, "If you keep blessings to yourself...other people will never have their vision of God expanded through you".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]