Re: Need help near Helen Ga. for November

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on September 05, 1997 at 16:44:05:

In Reply to: Re: Need help near Helen Ga. for November posted by Len Taliaferro on September 03, 1997 at 14:22:52:

We at Unicoi Outfitters appreciate your comments on our store and do acknowledge that we often do run out of licenses and are not very prompt to restock.
License sales are very time consuming and, from a business standpoint not a very good way to tie up several hundred, if not thousands of dollars.
I believe we only make $0.50 per licence and the state has just recently ask dealers to pay additionally for shipping and handling.
I was not aware that liscenses were so hard to come by here in North Georgia.
We will make an extra effort to keep fishing liscenses in stock this fall,
as we plan to be open full time in, what is historically, the off-season.

We are glad to learn from your comments and hope to serve you better in the future!

> > My family is staying in Helen over thanksgiving and I want to do some fishing while there.
> > If anybody can tell me (a) wher to buy an out of state license
> > and (b) A decent place to fish. I would be really grateful
> > I am in the process of teaching my wife to fish so hatchery water is fine and dandy for us.
> > thanks in advance and good luck to everybody.
> > Skip

> Skip -- Been thinking about the license situation and you might be wise to check sporting goods
> stores and bait shops before you get into the North Georgia area. Last time I was there in
> November, I had to drive nearly 100 miles before I found a shop which had licenses in stock.
> I swore that I would buy my licenses in south Georgia while enroute since the trout stamp is
> good all year and all I needed was the 7-day license. Don't know whether dealers in other
> areas handle trout stamps or not, but it's certainly worth a try.

> Len

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]