Re: recipes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PGM on September 05, 1997 at 17:25:59:

In Reply to: recipes posted by Capt.Harlan Trammell on September 05, 1997 at 11:32:28:

> trout are good to eat but the same old basic fried stuff is getting quite boring.does anybody out there have any outstanding recipes for trout that stand apart and above the sea of mediocrity of common trout recipes?

Capt.---
My sentiments exactly. Here are some of my tyrs at variety. Since the trout is fairly delicate meat go easy with the cooking.
Pan fry the trout until you can easily get the meat free of the bone (about 97% done, I know).
Knorr's and some others make a tomatoe-basil pasta sauce in a packet. Prepare this as per...
There is also a tomatoe-basil pasta available. Use this or reg. pasta. Put the sause on the pasta.
Take the trout and sprinkle lightly with Blackened redfish seasoning (Prudhomesis good (sp.)) toss the seasoned trout in the super hot balckening pan. Be qiuck here or the trout will burn. tosss it in the pan flip it over and put on top if your pasta.... As they say Enjoy. Sounds like a lot of work but I havbe dome this while campling (iron blackening skilet needed though)
If you like this I'll relay more. Istopped frying trout about three years ago for the same reason.
PGM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]