Re: "corn people"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan on September 10, 1997 at 16:29:22:

In Reply to: Re: "corn people" posted by Skip Robinson on September 10, 1997 at 10:47:33:

> > In reference to the Chatooga someone mentioned "corn people", I almost died laughing. Why? Well now I have a name for them, they've been labled. The Anthropologist in me giggles with delight, there's a thesis in there somewhere...

> > I have to admit that I do fish with corn myself, usually when guests mention that they'd like some trout. I live on the Toccoa and have a honey-hole in my backyard. If I need to feed several at a moments notice I go with corn. My question here is; Why do the trout love corn? Does it imitate something they love, perhaps a bee? Any ideas/thoughts out there?

> I think that hatchery fish get fed corn on occasion therefore they LOVE it.

I heard this story not to long ago. Referred to the good old days of makin' Corn Mash and the good old Corn whiskey days. Moonshine as most know it. Made mostly in the mountains and when they would make it they would throw the leftover corn in the streams. Through the years and generations it became and inborn connection with trout and later generations.

Like I had stated the above is a story and a good one at that. I have no data to back it up. But that is what I tell everyone. Add that to the fishing stories.

Alan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]