Re: "corn people"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KB on September 11, 1997 at 00:18:52:

In Reply to: Re: "corn people" posted by PGM on September 10, 1997 at 20:11:42:

PGM,

Oddly enough I'm not offended. Although I only live near the Corn People (Notice the capital leeters)and I'm not one of them I hope to be someday, perhaps I could be KING!
It's worth noting that they are very simillar to the Red Neck Culture. The Red Necks in the mountains only get so far on the trail, hikers call it the "Red Neck Line", it's that point at which you stop seeing beer bottles and empty Marlboro packs and you can be assured of a real journey into the wilderness. It's like the "tree line", when you stop seeing trees.
My problem as an Anthropologist is that I've crossed the line somewhere, I'm no longer just the "Participant Observer", I've lost myself in my work... I do fish with corn (and you really don't wan't to know what I've caught and released) At 18,000 ft. I drank the beer and brought the bottles back down with me. I smoked a Marlboror and my lips turned blue.
And I'm lost, I still don't know why trout love corn. Do they really feed it to them at the hatchery? Can they digest it or is that just a myth? Can I digest it? (It would appear not) Do they really belong here or were they introduced by aliens?
Have you ever read any Edward Abbey?
Sincerely,
KB

PS My real goal tonight was to find a trasnlation, to English, of Jorge Luis Borge's poem "Instantes". This is the first time the internet has failed me...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]