Re: Pocono Mtn Trout

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don Wilhide on September 15, 1997 at 12:08:42:

In Reply to: Pocono Mtn Trout posted by Kevin on September 11, 1997 at 14:59:50:

> I will be traveling to the Pocono Mountains in
> Pennsylvania the weekend of Sept. 20 and was wondering
> if anyone has fished around this area before? More
> specifically, I will be near the town of Stroudsburg.
> I know this is the North GEORGIA Trout Online, but I
> was hoping that someone had fished this area and might
> have some advise. Thanks.
Hey Kevin,
I used to fish the area everyday, so here goes. The broadshead going between East Stroudsburg and Stroudsburg is great fishing. There is a park in East Stroudsburg (I forget the name) right on Main Street (Rte. 209) that offers a good parking place. When you are on top of the dike, walk downstream about 200 or 300 yards and enter the stream. The best time is about an hour or so before dark. Light Cahills work great. You should see fish starting to feed all over the place. You can stop by Dunkleburger's Sporting Goods on Main street and ask about the Brodshead behind the Ameriacn Legion, this is another great spot, but I couldn't give you directions if my life depended on it.
On 209 north, you will find the Bushkill, there is a place to park at a little general store. Start at the bridge and work downstream.
A good Web site is called Pennslyvavia Fly Fishing. It has good stream reports, with hatches and so forth. I hope this helps.

Tight Lines,
Don

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]