Re: Dillard

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Len Taliaferro on September 15, 1997 at 14:01:20:

In Reply to: Dillard posted by Lugnut on September 12, 1997 at 15:27:24:

> Hi there. I'm going to Dillard, Georgia for a few day's on 9-25-97. I'm completely new to Fly fishing. Could someone please tell me a good place to go and what I will need in the way of flies, or other tackle, for this time of year? I would love to get in a day of fishing while there, but I'm unfamiliar with the territory in regard to where to go and how to get there. I have read this message board for a week and know that a lot of you are very helpful. I enjoy reading your stories and advise.

> Thank you in advance.

Lug -- I've had great luck on the Tallulah River several times this summer. From Dillard go south eight miles to Clayton. Take U.S. 76 West for eight miles to Persimmon Road on right (watch for firestation signs). Follow Persimmon Road @ five miles to Forest Service campground sign on left. Follow that road @ one mile till pavement ends. Tallulah River will be on the left and you'll cross Coleman River just past the campground. From there, pick your spot. River runs 6+ miles, crossing road
several times. Best fishing in mid August was early and late though I took fish all day long. Used nymphs and yellow Wooley Worm along with CDC Emerger. Got plenty of action and fish.

Good Luck!

Len

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]