Re: fly-fishing technique

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Wolse on October 18, 1997 at 03:28:38:

In Reply to: Re: fly-fishing technique posted by Skip Robinson on August 29, 1997 at 14:26:33:

> > I have recently started trying to fly fish and I can tell that I need a little help. I am intrested in finding out if their might be a fly fishing event or seminar available to help people learn more about the sport. I have been fishing with spiners, corn, powerbait, and other bait, but I am looking for more of a challenge from trout fishing. If anyone has a good sugestion I would be very intrested in knowing about it.

> I have a few suggestions which may help you.the first is to find your local Federation of Fly Fishers(FFF) OR Trout Unlimited
> (TU) chapter. They should have some resources that will help you.
> I also highly recommend a trip to your local library. If you look for some of the newer books on technique you may find some good stuff.
> One of the all time great flyfishing books is called"Trout on the Fly" by Lee Wulff
> who is one of the grandfathers of this sport.I have also seen good books at local bookstores. You have already found the internet which is a 3rd resource.
> Good luck and tight lines !

Although I have only fly fished two years I have gotten a lot of help. Newer library books are very good. Hanging out at the local fly fishing shops is invaluable. You must not be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Finally, get some equipment and start practicing. Your experience is no match for any countless number of stories or books. Tight lines.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]