Re: a little HELP! (spring fling)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeffG on December 11, 1997 at 09:54:50:

In Reply to: a little HELP! (spring fling) posted by phisher on December 09, 1997 at 06:20:53:

Hey now, yeah i see myself showing up early sat morning and stying into sunday. That is if i do not
get this new job. if that happens then i may be traveling, but should still be around for this.
So let me know what i can do to help.
Sounds like the Unicoi idea is great. I will be tenting it more than likely. But Do we want to have a meeting room??
can we just use a field as a place for casting demo's tips and such. Yes a room would be great for fly tying demos or if the weather
is crappy, but personally i would prefer to be outside to attend the demos.

OH.....and if any of you fisherpeople out there luck into one of the new sage Ought-wts. please bring it.
Curious how that sucker casts...and I think we should all bring an extra rod to allow others to use for example
a 7 ft 3wt on a MT stream. Or the feel of a 9 wt, plus for beginners who are thinking of purchasing a rod.
It would give them a chance to find the action rod that best suits them. That would help out beginners instead of them
going to a fly shop and having them buy a $400+ rod without really giving it a good test.
Besides...i would tell any beginner, do not drop tons of money on a big name rod until you have casted it, and you know for sure
that you want to begin the slippery slide down into this sometimes expensive art form/lifestyle/hobby that we call flyfishing/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]