Re: Clinch River

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Does anyone have imformation about the old Bean Station that is now partly covered by the Cherokee lake? Maps, old buildings, Photosetc. Many thanks, Larry Long on December 29, 1997 at 10:04:14:

In Reply to: Re: Clinch River posted by HB McCowan from Norris, TN on October 29, 1997 at 16:15:14:

> > > > Can anyone tell me if the Clinch is a good river for float tubes?
> > > > If so, where are the best places to put in & take out?
> > > > I would like to float it between now & October.
> > > > Thanks

> > > Mike -- check the Tennessee Flyfishing website. Don't remember the HTML but Yahoo can find it for you. As I recall, it has a detailed report on the Clinch River and may
> > > provide the info you want.

> > > Len

> > float tubes are ok if you go when they are not generating.It is a better river by canoe.below i 75 bridge is good and below the wier damn which is about a mile below norris damn.pink fireballs seem to be best now and a few are taken on flyrod but be sure to bring ultralight just in case.good luck.

> I agree w/Len regarding float tubes in general, however, float tubes are OK if you remember the generation schedule (when the Clinch is "up on two" the water rises about 6', goes about 8mph and this still doesn't get you over some of the hidden snags, so be careful. You should put in @ Peach Orchard Access about 4 or 5 miles down stream from the dam. From there you have about 9 miles of outstanding water before you take out at the 61 bridge in Clinton. I live in Norris and fish the Clinch almost every weekend you are welcome to call me @ (423)494-9373 if you want to fish w/us. I am a past President of the Smokey Mountain (Knoxville) Chapter of Trout Unlimited and fish w/some great guys. Hope to hear from you!

> HB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]