English Boobies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ NGTO Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ley Hathcock on February 25, 1997 at 20:56:49:

I do a fair amount of flyfishing in England, as I am over
there six or seven times a year on business. It's
mostly reservoir fishing, though I've fished a few chalk streams.
There is a fly pattern used very commonly over there called a
"Booby". It has two large bouyant foam spheres for eyes, and is
typically fished with split shot or weighted core line. I've never
seen one over here, though, and was wondering if anyone else has.

There also seem to be a large number of plastic/jelly
bodied flies used over there, even by those who tend towards
purists. Are these kind of flies popular over here? I've
never seen them in Georgia shops, and don't see much of them
in magazines either...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ NGTO Message Board ] [ FAQ ]