Re: high muddy water

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg on June 24, 1997 at 17:21:36:

In Reply to: Re: high muddy water posted by Hooker on June 23, 1997 at 21:43:34:

An out of state season license is $50, two day
is about $25. I get the season license because
I fish it all year. It's worth the investment.

You either wade, float tube, or drift boat.
Leave the jet boat at home. Boat ramps
at Hiwassee Outfitters and the generation station. It's basically a huge
trout stream. Stocked trout with lots of
bigger hold overs. Occasional red eye bass and striper in the lower section. TONS of bugs. Caddis, mayfiles, stones. Current patterns are
sulphers, P Adams, GRHEs, Isonycia nymphs.
Woolly Buggers and Elk Hair caddis also.
On Sunday I caught 15 on GRHEs.

A trophy section is maintained with minimum
16". Artifical only. Anything goes elsewhere. What's great about the river is that when the Hooch is red mud, the Hiwassee is still clear. It takes a lot of rain to stain (never muddy) the river. And the river is floatable with maximum generators running (2800+ cfs). Call TVA generation schedule at 1-800-238-2264 and press 4 then 22 to get the Hiwassee.

Private and public camping available.

The Hooch is good but Tenn trout fishing
is as good as out West. You also should
get Jimmy Jacobs Tailwater book.

: Greg,

: Tell me more about the Hiawasse. How much is an out of state
: license? Is it runnable with a jet boat? Where are the ramps at?
: What kind of success have you had there? Smallmouth? Stripers?
: Overnight accomadations? Camping? Dam release? Patterns?

: Thanks,

: Hooker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ message board ] [ FAQ ]