PDA

View Full Version : New and no nothing about trout fishing

c21broker
01-14-04, 08:52 PM
I am wanting to get a john (Jon whatever) and fish the hooch around azalea drive for openers. ANY suggestions about how to get started would be appreciated. I do fly fish (at least I did years ago for Bass and Bream)but I am really confused about all of these flies and so forth. Any knowledge about trout is more than I have now.

jiveinc
01-14-04, 10:31 PM
Welcome. I'm also a new member. I'm not new to trout fishing but I am new to fly fishing. From what I've seen so far a must have is a book by Jimmy Jacobs. Its title, "Trout Fising In North GA," the third edition. I ordered a copy and it arrived today. So far its been very informative!

c21broker
01-14-04, 11:05 PM
Thanks, I will try that

Fire Walker
01-15-04, 10:19 AM
Welcome aboard Broker! As far as getting started goes the basics will suffice. Shoot me an email and I will be more than happy to put together a starter list and some of the Hydro Groups proven patterns. Welcome, Luke Mullins

Josh Barnett
01-15-04, 06:30 PM
Welcome...

We, at North Georgia Trout Online, are happy to have you here. As always, we are ready to listen, learn, and hopefully teach.

Where say ye from?

Joshua Barnett

------------------
Joshua Barnett
caddisfly08@yahoo.com
1-706-354-8500

Call me for all your flies!

c21broker
01-15-04, 09:13 PM
John;

I am originally from Arkansas but I have lived in East Cobb since 1966. I really want to learn to fish for trout, but it seems to have a language all it's own.

I have fished and hunted all of my life and learned all I know about both from my dad, but there were not many trout streams in South Arkansas...

I have a Real Estate office in Cherokee county and have been in Real Estate since 1971. I have been here a long time to just start looking to fish the "hootch", but I guess now is as good as any time.

Thanks for the welcome!

c21broker
01-15-04, 09:15 PM
I meant Josh! Sorry, but since I do not know how to type "know" versus "no", what can I say!

TheEndlessEnigma
01-15-04, 11:47 PM
we all have to start somewhere

c21broker
01-16-04, 09:15 AM
It is ALWAYS the keyboard that causes the mistakes!

southern redbelly dace
01-17-04, 02:57 AM
If you use the search, you will find this to be an amazing resource.
Welcome!

southern redbelly dace
01-17-04, 03:07 AM
By the way, official name of the area you referred to is; Bull Sluice Lake. Close to I-400 & Northside Dr. is Island Ford National, (Thank you Jimmy). There is a Ranger station there & you may find them helpful.

c21broker
01-17-04, 12:18 PM
Thank you Jimmy!

Ol' Fletch
01-17-04, 02:10 PM
c21broker, I'll tell you everything you want to know about trout fishing in Georgia... if you ditch your in-house financing... and throw me a bone... http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/ubbngto/wink.gif

Ichthudion
02-05-04, 08:40 PM
Say c21broker (if your still checking your post a month later), you ever get back to Arkansas to do any fishing? I am an Arkansas native as well, living in Nashville. I don't know about south Arkansas, but if you get up north much, you'll get into some great trout water in the White River system. Go visit some family over yonder and sneak off for a day or two. You'll be glad you did. Check out the Ozark Angler website for more info. The shop is located in Heber Springs on the Little Red River. J. Riley