PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Clarkesville...

TandT_fisher
08-04-04, 12:13 PM
Hello folks! I am new here to NGTO as of this mornng. I have looked around on the site here, read most of the message boards, andi said to myself, "self, this looks like a place i need to be!" Like all of you, i enjoy nothing more than sliding off and getting my feet wet and enjoying what God has provided for us all to enjoy. I have been fishing for close to 20 years but only fly fishing and fly tying for about the last 2 years. It is something i hopped in to by myself and i decided to drag my dad along. So he and i are still trying to find our way. I am 25 years old and as i said i live in Clarkesville with my wife Kathleen, and my dogs, a black lab named Dixie and our rotwieller C.J. My birthday is 8/27/1978 which unfortunately is just around the corner, but fortunate for those of you whod like to send gifts (address provided upon request)haha. I am looking forward to getting lots of knowledge form all you fly fishing and tying vets out there! If i can be of assistance to anyone please dont hesitate to let me know. Wet feet and tight lines!
Brent

Speck
08-04-04, 01:41 PM
Welcome, Brent!
You've got some great fishing up there around Clarkesville, and I just love that town. Still has the nice small-town feel to it, with some good conveniences to boot.
To borrow Tom's line, Tight lines to you.

------------------
Speck
Follower of Christ
Pursuer of trout

Tom
08-05-04, 05:57 AM
Welcome aboard! And while I am at it, I would like to invite you to come up to Clayton and visit the Rabun Chapter of TU. We do not have a meeting this month as so many of our members will be out west of Hiawassee in pursuit of trout. We do meet on the 3rd Thursday at the Presbyterian Church, located behind the Post Office. 6:30 PM for fellowship; meeting at 7.Hope you can work it in...we would be glad to have you.
(If you simply can't see your way to coming up here, you have a chapter, The Foothills Chapter, in your own back yard....but they are unsavory characters!)
Tight Lines

Josh Barnett
08-05-04, 08:30 AM
Weclome Brent! We're glad to have you alongside us here at NGTO. You're now a part of the BEST trout fishing organization anywhere.

Just shoot me an e-mail with any questions you may have!

Listen to Tom!

Joshua Barnett

------------------
Back Porch Fly Company
Joshua Barnett, Tier
1-706-354-8500
http://joshbarnett.cjb.net
caddisfly08@yahoo.com

TandT_fisher
08-05-04, 10:49 AM
Thanks to all of you who have made me feel welcome here! I could tell in advance that this was a good group of people to be around. Thanks again guys!